but actually, are all band directors the same person?
An appreciation of the lowest (and most badass) members of the band/orchestra family.
- C major: What instrument(s) do you play?
- c minor: What discourages you about studying music?
- C♯ major: What do you love about your teacher?
- c♯ minor: What are you jealous of in other players?
- D major: Who is your favourite composer and why?
- d minor: What performance do you wish you had never heard?
- E♭major: What attracts you to studying music?
- e♭minor: What is your most mortifying performance moment?
- E major: What part of your playing are you most proud of?
- e minor: What is the most difficult thing about your instrument?
- F major: What was the most memorable performance you ever attended?
- f minor: Would you give up music? What would be the reason?
- F♯major: What is your proudest performance moment?
- f♯ minor: What is your greatest music-related fear?
- G major: What is your favourite thing about your instrument?
- g minor: What are your bad practicing habits?
- A♭major: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- a♭minor: What is your least favourite part of your musical community?
- A major: What is the greatest music-related advice you've ever been given?
- a minor: What instrument(s) do you wish you played?
- B♭major: What is your favourite part of practicing?
- b♭minor: What aspect of your teacher frustrates you?
- B major: What is your favourite part of your musical community?
- b minor: Who is your least favourite composer and why?
trying not to start your college essays with “this one time at band camp…”
When my teacher looks into my practice room window
trying to march on the last day of band camp
what your non-band friends think of you when you tell band stories